Looking for a quick low fat healthy chicken burrito recipe? This is the perfect crunched for time meal as it can be made in under 20 minutes
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cups black beans, drained and rinsed (a little less than a whole can)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 3 tablespoons salsa, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, plus more for garnish
- Spray a large cast-iron skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium/high heat. Add chicken, onion, chili powder, and cumin and cook for 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Add black beans and cook 1 more minute while stirring and remove from heat.
- Laying on flour tortilla flat, place 2 tablespoons cheese in center, then add 1/3 of the chicken mixture on top, then add 1 tablespoon of salsa, and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Roll tortilla in a jelly roll fashion, squeezing sides to ensure filling doesn’t fall out. Place seam side down on counter, and repeat with next 2 tortillas.
- Heat a grill pan or clean skillet over medium/high heat and spray with cooking spray. Set tortillas into pan, seam side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown on bottom side, flip and continue cooking on that side until browned. Remove from skillet and place on a wire rack or plates to serve.