Baked General Tso Chicken Recipe – Crushed Cornflakes imitate fried chicken so well you’ll forget you are eating healthy!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg (beaten)
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
For the sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil or regular sesame oil
- 2 Chinese dried red chiles, finely sliced
- sesame seeds
- Move one of the oven racks to the upper-middle part and preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Cover a large cooking tray with parchment paper.
- Place three large bowls one next to another and fill the first one with flour, the second with eggs and the last one with crushed corn flakes.