My favorite enchilada recipe! Loaded with chicken and cheese, these EASY Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas bake up with a little crunch. #sponsored #sponsored @krogerco
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cans (3 cups) enchilada sauce
- ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a deep skillet and add the minced garlic; heat to boiling. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides and add to the skillet, nestling into the sauce. Reduce to low heat and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and let the chicken and the sauce cool slightly. Use two forks to shred the chicken (pierce the chicken with one fork and hold it steady while slowly scraping the other fork, prongs faced backwards, away from the other fork).