Lemon Ginger Chicken Thighs – a delicious weeknight dinner, budget-friendly, and made with just a few simple ingredients.
- 8 Chicken thighs with bone
- 1 tbsp Ginger, fresh
- 1 Green onions and lemon
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce, reduced-sodium
Baking & Spices
Oils & Vinegars
- Finely shred peel from lemon and juice lemon. In bowl combine the lemon peel, ginger and salt. In another bowl combine lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and 2 Tbsp. water.
- Rub lemon peel mixture under the skin of the chicken thighs. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chicken, skin side down, in the hot oil. Cook 7 minutes or until well-browned; turn chicken and add lemon juice mixture. Reduce heat; cover and cook 14 to 18 minutes longer or until done (180 degrees F.).
- Transfer chicken to plates. Skim fat from pan juices, if desired. Drizzle chicken with some of the pan juices. Top with green onion and serve with lemon wedges.