Santa Fe baked chicken recipe. This one dish dinner packs all your favorite Mexican flavors and is healthy!
what you’ll need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 4 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, fresh, drained of excess liquid
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 4 oz can green chilies, chopped, (mild, medium or hot)
- sour cream, dollop for serving
let’s do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish with cooking spray. Trim chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper then sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Add black beans, corn kernels, salsa and cilantro into casserole dish and mix until evenly combined. Place seasoned chicken breasts on top of veggies and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through then remove from oven and discard aluminum foil. Spoon green chilies over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Return to oven uncovered to melt cheese—approximately 5 minutes.