Southwest Cream Cheese Chicken Wraps: Chicken and cream cheese are combined with red peppers, black beans, corn, shredded cheddar and southwest spices, then wrapped in flour tortillas for a hearty lunch or light dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6-8 large wraps or tortillas
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups tortilla strips, optional
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shredded chicken, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic, and peppers. Cook about 5 minutes, or until mixture is warmed through and peppers are just tender.
- Stir in the corn, beans, sour cream, cream cheese and lime juice. Continue cooking and stirring until cream cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, green onions and cilantro.
- Divide the mixture between the wraps and sprinkle with tortilla strips, if desired. Roll up tightly and serve immediately.