Thee Best Teriyaki Chicken recipe by Bakerette.com on www.cookingwithru… will be a family favorite for sure!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 small garlic cloves minced or pressed (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2-4 tablespoons honey to taste
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onion to garnish optional
- In a large skillet, warm oil; add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan on medium heat mix together soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic powder, brown sugar, and honey. Heat until gently boiling. Reduce heat to simmering.
- In a separate bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water until dissolved. Add to sauce and stir until sauce thickens. If sauce becomes too thick, add more water until you achieve desired thickness.